This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
We love our kids to pieces. Still, in the busyness of life we can sometimes forget to do the little things that SHOW our love. What we do and the way we treat our loved ones sends a powerful message. Here’s 15 powerful and simple ways to show love to our children.
We are on the cusp of a brand New Year. I love the transition from one year to the next. It’s a time to check in with our lives, assess, and think about what might make life even better for our families.
- How might we continue to make strong connections with our children?
- How can we continue to really communicate our love for them?
Actions speak louder than words
We love our kids to pieces. Still, in the busyness of life we can sometimes forget to do the little things that SHOW our love. What we do and the way we treat our children sends a powerful message.
“It has been noted that actions speak louder than words. Truth is, I have found that during many situations in life, words are just noise… and actions are the ONLY things that speak.” Steve Maraboli
It is actually quite simple. What our children really want from us is our time and attention. Those are the gifts that truly show our love.
15 Powerful ways to SHOW love to our children
- Turn off your electronics, at least when you are with your children.
- Greet them with a hug first thing in the morning.
- Mention the things you appreciate about them. Do this OFTEN!
- Make some time to catch up when everyone gets home.
- Make eye contact when they talk to you.
- Pay attention when you are with them.
- Ask one specific question about their day.
- Play their favorite game, or read their favorite book, for the hundred millionth time!
- Enjoy a fun bedtime ritual together.
- Have fun together.
- Tell them stories about your childhood.
- Talk about what you can do together on the weekend.
- Leave love messages in their room or in their lunch box.
- Once in a while do something special together.
- Eat one meal together every day.
I love how simple most of these things are. A hug or encouraging word takes no time or money! Powerful actions for the WIN!
In the coming year let us be intentional about SHOWING our love to those we care about the most. Imagine the message we will send if we show our love every single day. Let’s commit to doing those small things that mean the world to our children.
What do you think? Is this list doable? It is not an exhaustive list by any means. What would you add to it?