This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
Want some easy painting rocks ideas that your kids can actually do? Check out these fun projects that even the smallest crafter can enjoy. Get your kids outside and away from the screens with this awesome nature craft.
What is it with kids and rocks? My kids LOVED them from the time they could reach out and pick them up. In our house you would find them everywhere. On shelves, in pockets, and rattling around in the dryer.
Heaps of rocks and every one of them a special treasure.
What to do with all those rocks?
And the boys and I loved decorating them. Actually I have enjoyed painting rocks with many children from teens in youth group to preschoolers at story time. I haven’t met a kid who doesn’t like decorating rocks, so it is a prefect family activity.
If you go on Pinterest you’ll find loads of painting rocks ideas. Still I found that many of them were far too intricate for me to manage, let alone kids. I decided to search for some fun painting rocks ideas that were easy and fun for all ages to enjoy.
- Smooth rocks of all sizes
- Acrylic paint
- Marker (optional)
- Acrylic sealer
Don’t live in a place with any handy rocks? Get them here
Our Favorite Rock Painting Supplies
Now you are ready to get painting
12 Fun Painting Rocks Ideas Your Kids Will Love
- Paint Pouring on Rocks| Happy Hooligans
- Monster Rocks| Kayboo Creations
- Painted Rock Art| typically simple
- Friendship Rocks| Red Ted Art
- Kadinsky Inspired Rock Art | arty Crafty Kids
- Shake Painting Snail Craft| Kids Craft Room
- Sticker Rocks| Fireflies and Mud Pies
- Mix and Match Rock People| You clever Little Monkey
- Chalk Rock Paper Weights|Happy Hooligans
- Rock Rings| Itsy Bitsy Fun
- Coffee Filter Rocks | Twitchetts
- Making Pet Rocks| Buggy and Buddy
If your kids like playing with rocks, but don’t want to paint them. Try using them in land art.
What is your favorite activity with rocks? Which one of these projects do you want to try? Leave a comment below.
Want to Save This Post For Later?
Pin one of the images on this page