This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
It’s summer and that means it’s time for frozen treats. We’ve got recipes for homemade ice cream, easy popsicles, and fudgesicles. Make some for your kids today. There is something for everyone, including dairy free and vegan ice cream. The hardest part might just be waiting for them to freeze.
Ice cream is one of my guilty pleasures. The cold creamy goodness carries all kinds of memories for me. It is the sound of the ice cream truck trundling around the neighborhood. The feel of the long, endless days of summer. And the joy of being treated to a ice cream cone with a chocolate flake stuck in for good measure. YUM!
Let’s be honest I like all kinds of frozen treats. My mom made Popsicles from fruit juice and I still remember the sticky mess I got into. Later I carried on the tradition and made them for boys. Eating the things was definitely an outdoor activity.
How about you? Do you make popsicles or ice cream treats for you kids? Now that the weather’s warming up it is time to bring out that frozen goodness!
First off I want to be clear. If you want to keep things super simple a quick trip to the grocery store will suffice. There is no rules that says you have to make them. We do not have to live up to the standards set by Pinterest.
However, ice cream and other frozen treats are actually quite easy to make. They taste really good and you can control what goes in them. i thought it would be really helpful to gather up the very best frozen treat recipes. We’ve got ice cream treats, popsicles, and dairy free recipes. So let’s get down to business and take a look at some of these delicious treats. Feel free to drool!
26 FUN FROZEN TREATS FOR KIDS
ICE CREAM TREATS
Do you love ice cream too? Try some of these homemade recipes! These ice cream treats are so yummy and make. You don’t even need an ice cream maker for some of them! Your kids will be in heaven!
1. 45 Minute Koolaid Ice Cream from Wanna Bite
2. Birthday Cake No Churn Ice Cream from Cooking With Carlee
3. Bubble Gum Ice Cream from Gluesticks
4. Cookie Monster Cotton Candy Ice Cream Cones from Hungry Happenings
5. Homemade Twix Ice Cream from Crayons & Cravings
6. No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Spaceships & Laser Beams
7. No Churn Minion Ice Cream from Cutefetti
8. No Churn Oreo Ice Cream from Cincyshopper
9. S’mores Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
POPSICLES YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE
There’s nothing like cooling down on a hot summer’s day with a refreshing popsicle. they are super easy to make and you get to control the amount of sugar that goes into them. I’ve rounded up the best popsicle recipes from across the web, so choose one to make today.
10. Banana Split Pudding Pops from The Recipe Rebel
11. Berry Cheesecake Galaxy Popsicles from Hungry Happenings
12. Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Popsicle from Pop Shop America
13. Hot Chocolate Popsicles from Dancing Through The Rain
14. Fruit Cocktail Popsicles from Mommy Musings
15. Fruit Punch Airhead Popsicles from Masshole Mommy
16. Poop Emoji Popsicles from Two Kids And A Coupon
17. Whole Fruit Popsicles from The View From Great Island
18. Watermelon Popsicles from Little Sunny Kitchen
19. Ocean Blue Lemonade Popsicles from Play. Party. Plan
FROZEN TREATS THAT ARE DAIRY FREE
Are vegan? Or perhaps someone in your family can’t tolerate cows milk (like me). You do not have to miss out on frozen treats. Here are some yummy alternatives. My favorites are the ones made with coconut milk. They are so creamy and delicious.
20. Banana & Peanut Butter Fudgesicles with Coconut Milk from Evolving Table
21. Chocolate Cashew Milk Ice Cream Cone Puppies from Hungry Happenings
22. Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream from Wholesome Yum
23. Frozen Banana Treats from Healthy Little Foodies
24. Skittles Rainbow Ice Cream from Nerdy Mama
25. Snow Cones with Homemade Fruit Syrup from Kitchen Sanctuary
26. Vegan Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge from Everyday Maven
MAKE IT A SPECIAL EVENT
1. Set up an ice cream bar
Serve vanilla ice cream and let family members dress it up with multiple toppings. These could include
- Hot fudge sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate-covered candy
- Chocolate chips
- Toasted coconut
- Crushed cookies
2. Make Ice Cream in a bag
This is a fun activity for a large group. I’ve done this on several occasions and it was a lot of fun. Here are the instructions to make ice cream in a bag.
I’d love to hear from you. Are frozen treats part of your summer? What is your favorite kind?