This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
Looking for easy school lunches to make for your kids? Even picky eaters will love these healthy packed lunches that you can easily make ahead. Kid approved pizza muffins, yummy tortillas, homemade wraps, and LOTS more!
It’s back-to-school time already and that means that parents everywhere are facing the dreaded lunchbox dilemma – what should I pack for school lunch today?! Do you hate packing school lunches as much as I did? I simply had no inspiration. It was either peanut butter and jelly for days on end or spending a fortune on bought lunches.
Also my kids were super fussy when it came to food and often came back home with their food untouched, so that made it even harder.
Are you looking for creative lunch ideas?
I was always looking out for easy school lunches that they would eat and eventually came up with a short list. I’m guessing that many of you are facing the same dilemma, so I hunted high and low to bring you 20 easy school lunch ideas that your kids will love!
Let’s Talk About Packing Lunches
Before we get into the recipes. let’s talk about who is packing the lunch.
Did you know that most kids can pack their lunch? Even the youngest kid is quite capable of doing this. How do I know? My kids packed their lunch right from grade 1 and they did a fine job. They chose what they wanted to eat and almost always ate everything they packed. This lunch system is very similar to mine and worked really well for us. Pop over and take a look. It will make your life much easier.
Now onto the recipes
20 Remarkably Easy School Lunches Kids Will Love
My kids loved wraps. I think it was the novelty and you can fill them with such yummy things.
- SW Turkey Wrap Recipe | Thrifty Jinxy
- Wrap Filling Ideas For Lunch | Goodie Goodie Lunchbox
- Rainbow Vegetable Wrap | Recipes From A Pantry
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels | Ruffles and Rainboots
Pizza Inspired Lunches
Kids love Pizza and anything labelled that has a pizzarish taste is bound to be a hit. Try these variations
- Pizza Muffins | Bakers Beans
- Yogurt Dough Pizza Scrolls | Goodie Goodie Lunchbox
- Pizza Pinwheels | Ruffles and Rainboots
- Ham & Cheese | Low Carb Yum
- Pizza Muffins | Space Ships and Laser Beams
Related: Soups make a great lunch. Try these 12 healthy soups that you kids will actually want to eat.
Healthy Alternatives to Sandwiches
Sandwiches are great for packed lunches, but my boys always enjoyed having something else for a change. Try these suggestions.
- Tuna Mayo Salad Bowl | Blue Bear Wood
- Peanut Butter, Pretzels & Apple Slices | Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Protein Snack Pack | The Forked Spoon (Kids love these)
- Muffin Egg Cups | The Forked Spoon
- Garic Rosemary Parmesan Pretzels | Consumer Queen
- Instant Pot Egg Bites | Savory Tooth
- Ham & Egg Cups | Tasty Galaxy
- Spanish Tortilla Recipe | Snotty-Noses
- Egg Muffins | Attainable-Sustainable
This is a very cool novelty sandwich. You could try it with alternative fillings if your school is a nut free zone.
- Homemade Uncrustables PB&J | Thrifty Jinxy
Of course I had to include at least one sweet treat and this one has no sugar.
- Sugar Free Apple Oat Cookies | Goodie Goodie Lunchbox
Do you have any easy school lunches your kids love to eat? I would love to hear about them. Leave a comment below.