This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
Need some easy Mother’s Day crafts your kids can make themselves? We’ve collected the best DIY gifts for Mom or Grandma. We’ve got everything from flower pots to footprint art. And the best part? They are super easy for children to make. Click over and check out our ideas. Which one will you choose?
One year during my childhood my Dad was away on a business trip for Mother’s Day. This meant we couldn’t go shopping for flowers to give my Mom on her special day.
At that time, my brothers and I had no money to buy a gift. Nevertheless, I was determined to give my Mom flowers for no matter what.
I secretly gathered supplies and fashioned some flowers out of Kleenex and straws. I remember sprinkling them with talcum powder to make them smell good! They were the oddest things ever, but I poured all my love into those blossoms.
Then on Mother’s Day I made breakfast for my Mom and gathered up my brothers. We took her breakfast in bed and presented the flowers. She responded as if it was the most exquisite bouquet in the world.
Many years later my mom reminisced about that day. She told me how touched she was by the gesture. As my dad was away, she did not expect to receive anything. The little bouquet of lop-sided paper flowers meant everything to her.
Homemade Gifts Touch The Heart
That is the power of home-made gifts isn’t it? They can be made of cheap materials and look decidedly peculiar. But they have a way of conveying deep love. It doesn’t matter how odd they are.
The best gifts I’ve received from my kids are the quirky handmade ones. I still use the bookmark my son made me for over 20 years ago. And I confess that I still cherish a few hand-print gifts lovingly created by my boys. They mean the world to me.
25 Beautiful Mother’s Day Crafts That Kids Can Make Themselves
So, I decided to scour the Internet for some handmade gifts that can be given to Mom. I had two criteria
- They had to be something kids can make themselves
- They had to be made from easy to find supplies.
I’ve found 25 Mother’s Day gift ideas that made the cut. Some go together quite quickly, so they are perfect for last minute rushes. Others will take more time (mostly for drying) so you will want to adjust your schedule accordingly.
A few of the projects are better suited to older kids, but many of them can be made by preschoolers. You know what your kids can do, so look at the instructions and decide which projects will work for you.
Mother’s Day Crafts Using Hand, Finger, and Thumb Prints
Let’s face it, any gift that captures hand or fingerprints will always be a winner. I kept a few that my boys (all adults now) gave me. They are wonderful keepsakes of their childhood. Take a look at these.
- Easy Kids’ Handprint Art from Mod Podge Rocks
- Fingerprint Butterfly Mug from The Best Ideas For Kids
- Fingerprint Flower Pot from Crafts By Amanda
- Flower Thumbprint Planter from 5 Minutes For Mom
- Butterfly Handprint Card from The Best Ideas For Kids
- Handprint Art On Corkboard from Buggy And Buddy
- Handprint Suncatcher from The Best Idea For Kids
- Toddler Gift Handprint Tray from The Country Chic Cottage
- Precious Handprint Popsicle Stick Craft from Homeschool Preschool
Beautiful Art that Mom Will Love
Kids love making art and so these crafts will be a hit. The great thing about these projects is that they are super easy to do and very pretty. Moms and Grandmas will love them.
- DIY Mother’s Day Canvas from East Coast Mommy
- Stampin Hearts on Canvas Happy Hooligans (this is a Valentine project, but would work perfectly)
- Pasta Mosaic Art from Buggy And Buddy
- Sharpie Art Coasters from Paging Fun Moms
- Mother’s Day Button Letter Craft from Thrifty Jinxy
Related: Need some gifts for Dad’s special day? Check out our list of easy Father Day Crafts.
Flowers For Mom
We don’t have any flowers made from Kleenex, but each of these are lovely. I can tell you that kids love making flowers for their Moms! We would make flowers with the preschoolers each year and they LOVED it!
- DIY Mother’s Day Flowers from The Flying Couponer
- Cupcake Liner Flower Cards from Feeling Nifty
- Mother’s Day Flower Bouquet from I Heart Crafty Things
Recycled Mother’s Day Crafts
I’m a huge fan of crafts made from recyclables, so I couldn’t resist these two brilliant ideas.
Practical and Wearable Mother’s Day Crafts
It is always nice to get something homemade and practical. The pipe cleaner and pop pom crown isn’t really practical. However, I knew it would thrill younger kids and it didn’t really fit anywhere else.
- Painted Washer Necklace from Happy Hooligans
- Pipe Cleaner & Pom Pom Crown from Design Improvised
- Easy Jewellry Bowl Dish from Rhythms of Play
- Homemade Mom Award from One Crazy Mom
- Hand Painted Votives from Rhythms of Play
- Sugar Scrub from Pre-K Pages
- Colorful Pour Pots from EDventures
Looking For More Ideas?
Here’s a fun idea
Check out my Pinterest board full of gifts that kids can make
Do you enjoy making Mother’s Day Crafts with your kids? What gifts have you made?