This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
Need some simple Father’s Day crafts for your kids to make? Here’s a great list of fun DIY gifts for the dads in your lives. We’ve got everything from free printables to hand print art. Click over and check out the ideas with your children. Which one will you choose?
I know the dilemma. You want to find something meaningful for your kids to get their dad. Somethings that wasn’t just picked from a store. Something that comes from the heart.
But what? A quick search on Pinterest will yield thousands of ideas. But how many of them are kid friendly? How many are the kinds of things that kids can do by themselves?
Don’t get me wrong, I saw some super cute gifts. But I couldn’t help but notice that all the step by step pictures featured adult hands. Let’s be honest here. They were not made by kids at all. In fact, I would be hard pressed to make some of them. Could you fashion a rosette of perfectly folded paper? Me either?
If you’re like me, you want to find some Father’s Day gifts that your kids can make themselves. After all, making something that requires you do most of the work is not fun for anyone. And is not really a meaningful gift for your kids to give.
I thought it would be helpful to come up with a list of Father’s Day crafts that you kids can make themselves. They are all simple to make and don’t need you to spend a fortune on supplies. In fact, many of them use stuff you already have around the house.
26 EASY FATHER’S DAY CRAFTS FOR KIDS TO MAKE
GIFTS USING FINGER AND HAND PRINTS
Any gifts with hand or fingerprints make wonderful keepsakes. I still have a few that I saved from my boys (all adults now). The box that holds them is probably the first thing I would grab if the house was on fire!
- Fingerprint Daddy & Me Coffee Cups from Crafts by Amanda
- Galaxy Handprint Art from Buggy and Buddy
- Father’s Day Handprint Art from Easy Peasy and Fun
- Footprint Rocket from The Best Ideas for Kids
- Fish Handprint Card from The Best Ideas for Kids
- I Love Dad Father’s Day Thumbprint Craft from A Dab of Glue Will Do
- Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets from Rhythms of Play
- Salt Dough Handprint Bowl from Messy Little Monster
- Father’s Day Handprint Suncatcher from Real Life at Home
- Handprint Tree & Poem from This West Coast Mommy
Related: Here’s a simple gift to help dad make the most of the time he spends with the kids
PICTURES AND FRAMES FOR FATHER’S DAY GIFTS
Do you have a favorite picture of your kids with their dad? Why not invite your kids to make a one of a kind picture frame.
- Comic Book Frame from DIY Candy
- My Dad Rocks Frame from Mommy Moment
- Father’s Day Scrabble Tile Frame from Easy Peasy and Fun
- Love You To Pieces Father’s Day Frame from Crafty Morning
PRACTICAL FATHER’S DAY GIFTS
By and large, most Father’s Day Crafts are not very practical. They win hands down on the cuteness scale, but are not something Dad can really use. I scoured the Internet and found 6 Father’s Day Crafts that dads would find useful.
- DIY Personalized Father’s Day Hammer from Midget Momma
- Tin Can Pencil Holder from Buggy and Buddy
- Tape Resist Mug & Bowl from Happy Hooligans
- DIY Candy Tie from Natural Beach Living
- Shrink Film Keepsake Keychain from What Moms Love
- My Dad Rocks Father’s Day Paperweight from Hello Wonderful
These last 6 crafts don’t really fit into any category, but I thought they were great gifts for kids to make.
- Father’s Day Hero Stones from Crafts by Amanda
- “Dad, Thanks for Helping me Grow” Plant from Red Ted Art
- Cereal Box Crowns from Red Ted Art
- Father’s Day Tie Craft from Kinder Craze
- Free Printable Father’s Day Booklet from What Moms Love
- Trophies for Daddy from The Pinterested Parent
NEED MORE IDEAS?
Here is a cute video from Totally Trinity with some delightfully simple ideas.
Check out my Pinterest board full of gifts that kids can make
Do you give DIY gifts for Father’s Day? What things have you made?