This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
You love your children. I know it. You know it. But do they know it? Here’s 25 Simple things you can start doing TODAY to make your kids feel special and let them know just how much you love them and think about them.
I am delighted to welcome Emma from Our Whimsical Days to the blog today. Emma writes about simple play and playful learning. Her blog is a delight and is full of wonderful activities that parents can enjoy with their toddlers and preschoolers. It is well worth a visit.
You love your children.
I know it. You know it. But most importantly, they know it.
And no, not because you bought them that cool bike or a new dress. You show it to them every day, in small ways that you may not even notice – reading them an extra story, comforting them when they cry, giving a high-five when you’re proud of them.
Here are 25 others ways you show your children love – do one, or many, every day! (But I’m betting you already do!)
Photo credit Lisa L. Wiedmeier
1. Leave a note taped to the bathroom mirror, even if it’s just a smiley face.
2. Send a note in their lunchbox. (Even pre-readers know what a heart or smile face means!)
3. Listen to their favorite music in the car
4. Put down the phone and really listen.
5. Read them a story
6. Tell them a story, maybe about what you were like as a kid (even preschoolers like this!)
7. Look at baby photos together and tell them what they were like as infants or toddlers.
8. Make their favorite dinner as a surprise.
9. Have a cuddle session first thing in the morning.
10. Give them a random hug, just because.
11. Give them a random kiss for no reason.
12. Pick them up a flower or interesting rock during the day.
13. Bake something together.
14. Sing a silly song.
15. Play a game. (“Candy Land, again? Sure, I’d love to!“)
16. Pop popcorn and watch a movie together.
17. Have a picnic.
18. Have an indoor picnic…in a homemade fort!
19. Have a special “I love you” sign, maybe the ASL sign or just a thumbs up.
20. Go for a walk together.
21. Apologize when you’re wrong. (It means a lot!)
22. Watch their favorite show them. (Yes, the annoying one!)
24. Give a high-five.
25. Sing them a special song.
I would love to hear from you – What else would you add to the list? How do you show love to your children?