Last Monday we woke up to find that snow had transformed the landscape into a winter wonderland. My inner child still delights in that first snowfall each year. There is something magical about the transformation and when the sun shines it is absolutely beautiful. Winter in northern climes can be challenging. Winter comes early and leaves late. Still snow is a lot of fun when you don’t have to shovel it! If the temperatures aren’t too frigid, bundle up the family and head outside for some winter fun together.
1. Snow Painting Amanda over Crafts-N-Things for Children describes how to have Snow Much fun With Glitter Paint. Isn’t that a wonderful title? You could make a snow man and add some color!
3. Paper Snowflakes Remember making paper snowflakes as a kid? This tutorial at Preschool Powol Packets tells you everything you need to know to create gorgeous snowflakes. Where will you display your collection?
4. Examining Snowflakes Weather WhizKids has some simple instructions to help you examine snowflakes.
5. Bird Feeders Winter can be very challenging for our feathered friends, especially when it is very cold and food is scarce. This post from Crafty Crow lists some wonderful ways of feeding the birds. Ideas include bird food wreath, bird seed ornaments, and bird food garlands.
6. Winter Sun Catchers I really like these Winter Sun Catchers . They look so easy to make and are very pretty
What are your favorite winter activities? What helps you to embrace the season and enjoy the snow? How do your children respond to the first snowfall of the winter?