This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
Looking for a fast and easy Halloween treat? Try our delicious mummy mini pizzas. Perfect for Halloween parties, play dates or a fun family supper. These Mummy Pizzas are simple enough for children to make. click through for the recipe
Halloween is such a fun time for kids isn’t it? Costumes, candy, and scaring your friends with fake spiders! Of course, kids love it!
Personally, I love the fun Halloween-themed food best. Let me be clear, I’m not going to spend hours decorating cookies with intricate webs. But give me a fast and easy Halloween treat and I’m all in. I’ve got a simple treat that both you and your kids will love
MUMMY PIZZAS: A FAST AND EASY HALLOWEEN TREAT
These cute mummy pizzas are kid-friendly and sure to become a Halloween tradition. This fast and easy Halloween treat is super simple to make. You probably already have everything you need to put them together in your fridge right now!
But that’s not all! The recipe is so simple that kids can make them. These can easily be made by the kids in your house. And I’m all for getting kids cooking.
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING MUMMY PIZZAS
Let’s get started. I’m going to walk you through step by step, but you’ll find the complete recipe below.
You’ll use bread rolls as the base, just cut them in half down the middle to open them up. Place each half of the sandwich roll on a baking sheet and brush the top with melted butter. Season with garlic powder and place in the oven for 5 minutes, until the top of the bread is toasted.
While the bread is toasting, pull the cheese apart into strings.
Next, dollop a spoonful of pizza or marinara sauce onto each half. Don’t have any on hand? Makes some from a can of tomato paste. Spread it over the roll and add three slices of pepperoni.
Now it is time to create those mummy bandages. We are going to use string cheese for these. String cheese holds its shape better when heated. Layer the strings of cheese in a crisscross pattern to resemble a mummy wrap.
Bake till the cheese starts to melt (about 10 minutes). Top with candy eyes before serving and you’re done. Easy peasy!
- Prefer vegetarian toppings on your pizzas? Use something that will make fairly flat slices. Such as mushrooms.
- Instead of rolls you could also use English muffins. You can substitute any of your usual pizza bases, just make individual pizzas.
- Don’t have candy eyes? Substitute sliced black olives. Bake the olives along with the pizza.
Aren’t these adorable? They would be perfect for a Halloween party, but easy to make for supper. Serve them with some salad or veggies and you are good to go.
LOOKING FOR MORE HALLOWEEN FUN?
Check out our yummy Halloween cinnamon roll spiders. they are really easy to make.
Check out our other Halloween ideas here.
What do you think? Will you give these a go with your kids? What other fast and easy Halloween treats do you make?
Fast and Easy Mummy Pizzas
- 2 bread rolls Cut in half
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 3 sticks string cheese
- 6 candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place each half of the sandwich roll (cut side up) on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder and place in the oven for 5 minutes, until the top of the bread is toasted
- While the bread is toasting, prepare
the string cheese by pulling the cheese apart into strings.
- Remove from oven. Spread marinara sauce over the top of each slice of bread. Top each with three slices of pepperoni.
- Top the pepperoni with the strings of cheese, crisscrossing them to resemble a mummy wrap.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Top with candy eyes before serving.