This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
I have a love hate relationship with New Year’s resolutions.
On the one hand I think that setting new goals can be helpful and new years eve seems like the perfect time to do this. On the other hand it seems as if so many resolutions tend to emphasize the areas in which we feel that we lack.
Let’s turn that around this year.
I know that you long to be a better parent. Me too! I want to suggest that we’re already good parents. What if we find some parenting resolutions that focus on self-care?
One of the best ways to do that is to reduce stress.
So today I’ve put together a list of simple changes that will reduce stress, help you feel more capable, more optimistic, and ready to parent with a full heart.
12 parenting resolutions to help you start 2016 with less stress
- Let go of the idea that you should do everything and delegate.
- Give those pesky “you shoulds” and “you oughts” the boot and let one thing go.
- Simplify your approach to parenting by choosing relationship.
- Ditch the parent guilt (it doesn’t help) and focus all the things you do right.
- Judge the days by the seeds of love and connection that you planted, instead of worrying about the things you didn’t accomplish.
- Stop pushing enriching educational activities and encourage your children to play instead. It turns out that this approach gives children an academic advantage and is way less work and expense for you.
- Remember that it is not your job to constantly entertain your children. When they complain they are bored try this simple fix.
- Have a party and conquer some kid clutter.
- Relax and enjoy the quiet beauty of ordinary days.
- Allow your children to reap the benefits of doing household chores and reduce your load at the same time.
- Let go of busy, slow down, and start enjoying what’s really important.
- Try one of these actions each month to Savor Simplicity and Be Less Busy.
Now it’s your turn
What will you do to start 2016 with less stress? I’d love to hear from you in the comments