Looking for some fun ideas to celebrate the first signs of Spring? Enjoy this simple activity with your family. It’s the perfect way to learn about the changing seasons. I’ve made it easy with a free printable.
Try these fun and easy Easter science activities for kids. Includes experiments with eggs, plastic eggs, jelly beans and lots, lots more. We’ve even thrown in some ideas to help you grow crystals and make Easter slime. Suitable for children of all ages from preschoolers to older kids.
Easter’s coming and it is the perfect time for some fun science.
Well to be honest every day is the perfect day for some fun science, but Easter seems like a really good excuse.
Here’s the thing
Enjoying a little science really is a fabulous family activity. It’s simple to do, sneaks in some learning disguised as fun and totally impresses the most cynical of kids. It is a very easy way to seem like the coolest parent on the block.
How can you beat that?
I asked my fellow parenting bloggers to point me to their best Easter science activities and boy did they ever oblige. I’ve put together this awesome list of Easter science activities for you to enjoy with kids of all ages.
So look at this list, click on some of those links, and get ready to have some serious family fun.
The Ultimate List of Easter Science Activities For Kids
Experiments with Real Eggs
- Egg drop challenge from Buggy and Buddy
- Can You Dye Brown Eggs? from KC Edventures With Kids
- Making Crystal Eggs from Little Bins For Little Hands
- Growing Cress Heads From Red Ted Art
- Engineer a LEGO Egg Racers from Planet Smarty Pants
- Walking on Eggs from Preschool Powol Packets
- Make a Rubber Egg (dissolving the shell)
Experiment With Plastic Eggs
- Color Surprise Fizzy Eggs Science Activity from Fun Learning For Kids
- Easter Egg Rockets from The Stem Laboratory
- Plastic Egg Sink/Float from Little Bins For Little Hands
- Plastic Egg Races and Ramp Exploration fromLittle Bins For Little Hands
- Magnet Science With Eggs from Modern Preschool
- DIY Toy: Magnetic Eggs from Frugal fun For Boys
- Easter Catapult from Little Bins For Little Hands
For More Science Fun (Hint: These would be great gifts)
Experiments with Easter Candy
- Jelly Bean Science Experiment from Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog tails
- STEM Jelly Bean Structures from the STEM laboratory
- Make a Jelly Bean Rainbow from Crafty Morning
- Jelly Bean Taste Test from Childhood 101
- Microwave Peep Experiment from Posh Lil Divas
- Candy Chromatography (see what colors are in the candy coating) from Playdough to Plato
- Make a crystal egg (has great wow factor) from
- Chick Easter Slime from Schooling A Monkey
- How To Grow a Carrot Top from Laughing Kids Learn
- Color Changing Flower Experiment from The Imagination Tree
Do you have any favourite Easter science activities for kids? Tell me about them in the comments below.
Want to Remember This Post?
Pin the image below for later
You’re going to love these easy Christmas treats your kids can actually make for themselves! These no bake Christmas cookies, candies and desserts make an excellent gift for teachers, family and friends. They are also perfect when the Kindness Elves leave a note about baking treats to give away!
Check out this list of fabulous family activity books. They are perfect for families who want to make the most of the time they spend with their kids. They include art, craft, Lego and STEM activities. You don’t need to spend hours on Pinterest. Add a couple of these books to your resource library and you’ll be good to go anytime.