This Posts may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a commission from sales made via product links in this post. For more information click here.
Are you scrambling to create some Halloween magic as we approach the end of the month? These simple Halloween activities will help you enjoy the spooky season without a lot of added stress.
Do your kids LOVE Halloween activities?
Mine did! There’s lots of ideas out there, but Halloween is fast approaching and there isn’t a lot of time left. Let’s make it easy on ourselves by choosing activities that don’t need a lot of preparation.
I’ve rounded up 10 really simple Halloween activities to enjoy with your family. All of them can be set up quickly and most of them don’t require any special supplies.
They are also perfect for a neighborhood party.
Pin or bookmark them to refer to when your kids want to get into the Halloween mood this October.
10 Simple Halloween Activities For Families
- Jacky over at Happy Hooligans put together some adorable toilet roll mummies. All you need is a stash of toilet roll holders and a few supplies.
- If you are looking for a really easy craft try out these cute mummy jars.
- Next up is are instructions for silly stone spiders from Rebecca over at Simple As That. They would make really cute decorations.
- My inner child just loved these quick bread tag monsters. I really want to try them with the children at our library. What fun!
- Noreen from Crafty Journal gives instructions for creating milk jug ghosts. Make several and hang them in your trees.
- I loved these glow in the dark skeleton handprints from Handprint & Footprint Art. Children are always impressed with things that glow when the lights go out. This is the one carft that needs special supplies, but I thought it was worth it.
Games and Activities
- Create a variety of spooky and disgusting things for your guests to touch. Valeri at Inner Child Fun describes how to create fake eyeballs, maggots, zombie blood and a whole host of other disgusting things. My boys loved this kind of activity.
- Bobbing for apples is a traditional Halloween game. Head over to Trick or Treat for instructions.
- Donuts on a string was another favorite for my boys. The messier the donut the better!
- Finally the Mummy Wrap Game. is always a hit. All you need is some toilet paper, but I would suggest you also bring the camera.
I hope you have enjoyed this round up of Halloween activities. Remember to keep it simple. You are going for fun, so it doesn’t have to be Pinterest perfect !
Looking For More Halloween Ideas?
Check out my Halloween Pinterest Board